Monday, January 18, 2010
Saturday, January 16, 2010
DYAB Cebu covers Sinulog 2010 non-stop for 20 hours on January 17, 2010:
- 4:00 a.m. - Mananita Mass (Pilgrim Center in Basilica del Sto. Nino, with live video which can be seen at the DYAB Sinulog Live Stream;
- 6:00 a.m. - Pontifical Mass with Cardinal Vidal (with live video, simulcast with Channel 3);
- 7:30 a.m. - Sinulog Grand Parade assembly and preparations;
- 9:00 a.m. - Sinulog 2010 Grand Parade starts;
- 6:00 p.m. - Sinulog 2010 Grand Parade ends;
- 6:30 p.m. - Sinulog 2010 Grand Finale;
- 7:00 p.m. - Sinulog Fireworks (Cebu City Sports Center); and
- 12 midnight - Sinulog 2010 Judging results revealed.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Saturday, January 09, 2010
Friday, January 01, 2010
Tasks of the voters:
- After his or her identity is verified, the name of the voter will be read out loud to give chance for any contention. If uncontested, he or she will be given a ballot by the BEI chairman – only upon ensuring that the said voter has yet to cast his or her vote in another precinct.
- The BEIs will then close the voting by entering several codes into the poll machine, which will make the PCOS unit print eight copies of the election returns for national positions and another eight for local positions.
- The BEI chairman will publicly announce the total number of votes received by each candidate, which will also be posted on a wall within the polling place. After 48 hours, he or she will take the list and keep it in his or her custody.
- On the other hand, the PCOS unit will transmit the election reports using a transmission cable and a modem. If successful, the reports will be transmitted to other precincts, the Comelec mainframe, its other offices, and other stakeholders.
- After transmission, the poll machine will print 22 more copies of the election returns, a copy of the audit log report, and a copy of the statistical report.
- The poll body said that the election returns will be distributed to the city or municipal board of canvassers, Congress, Comelec, four accredited citizens' arm, dominant majority and minority parties, ballot box, 10 accredited national parties aside from the first two, two accredited major local parties, four national broadcast or print media entities, two local media outfits, and one to be posted on a wall within the polling place.
- Upon termination of the counting of votes at the precinct level, the BEI shall place inside the ballot box the sealed envelopes containing the election returns, minutes, and half-torn and rejected ballots.
- The ballot box will be locked with four locks, one of which is self-locking and is serially numbered. The keys to the three other padlocks, on the other hand, will be placed in separate envelopes that are to be sealed and signed by the BEIs.
Posted by Leo Lastimosa at 11:01 AM